Friday, June 22, 2012

Talofa From Samoa!

Its been a while since I last updated this blog so I thought that since I have a bit of down time that I would let everyone know how our Elder is doing! :) If you dont already know, Elder Fitisemanu is now in Samoa. He has been there for a month now & enjoys it very much <3 He says to describe it in one word it would be humbling :')

"I love being here in Samoa, but theres some days where I find myself wanting to give more than just a message. When we have Fafagas, the family feeds us first and then our scraps go to their kids and it breaks my heart. Their homes are...humbling to be in, they use pvc pipes to wash dishes and shower and it makes me so grateful. I love the people here and I am so proud to say that I come from them. They are always so good to me and the rest of the missionaries. Just the other day we had a baptism and it was my first one! The feeling felt that day was so special and thats why i challenge all my family and friends to go on a mission because these kind of things cannot be experienced anywhere else <3 Some days I find myself crying because I cant understand people and I can tell they dont understand me because my Samoan is still rough, but then theres times where Im speaking and I know its not me...but its my Heavenly Father or My brother Jesus Christ speaking through me to them :') I cannot tell you all how much this church is true, please pray for these people who Ive grown to love. I want them to be able to live with their families forever like us <3"-Elder Fitisemanu <3

& There you have it everyone :') Couldnt be more proud of him! I know our Elder would love to hear from you so please, if you havent already, write him a quick little note by using the addresses HERE! :) Thank you all for your love and prayers <3 21 Months more to go!



2 comments:

  1. Awsome job Elder Fitisemanu! Our Father in heaven will continue to bless & sanctify his glory through you and the work you do for our people in Samoa. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always! We're so very proud of you! O Sione Fitisemanu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Baby Kalani.... I'm really proud of you. Keep up the good work nephew ;)

    ReplyDelete